Benefits of Using PRECISE Epoxy Flake Flooring
PRECISE flooring solutions offer a lot of benefits. Some of them include:
- PRECISE Flake is available in a variety of colors, textures and blends
- PRECISE Flake is available in multiple chip sizes (1”, ½”, ¼”, ⅛”, etc.)
- You can custom design your blends to get the design that’s perfect for your floor
- Provides superior abrasion, and is resistant to UV and chemicals
- Germs, moisture and dirt are not collected on your floor
- Makes your floor easier to maintain
- Reduces foot-traffic noise
Uses of PRECISE Epoxy Flake Flooring
As an Epoxy flooring supplier, we’ve had the pleasure of using this flooring product in various spaces. Commercial flooring supplies in New York and residential flooring supplies in New York have used this product in:
- Home Garages
- Automotive Centers and Showrooms
- Retail Shops
- Sports Complexes
- Convention Centers
Instructions for Use
PRECISE Flake flooring solutions can be easily used by experienced contractors. Hire a contractor to apply the flooring product, or it would make a great DIY project for anyone by following these simple instructions:
- Cure concrete. The concrete you apply the flooring product should be cured for at least 30 days and there should be no internal moisture.
- Remove all contaminants. All contaminants, like dust, stains, etc. should be removed from the floor. If there are any cracks, they should be filled to match the main surface.
- Apply base coat. A clear or tinted base coat of Epoxy should be applied to the floor.
- Broadcast flakes. Begin to broadcast flakes by throwing them into the air so they’ll disperse evenly. Do this while the base coat is still soft and tacky. Divide the flakes evenly if you plan to do the flakes in sections. This will help to ensure even dispersion of the flakes.
- Remove loose chips. Scrape off chips that appear to be irregular and sweep them away or vacuum them up.
- Apply top coat. Apply and spread out a single layer of the protective topcoat with a squeegee. This will add texture to a heavily flaked floor. A second coat will create a smoother surface.
PRECISE Epoxy Flooring Supplier in New York
Resinous Flooring Supply (RFS) is a name you can trust for superior flooring and a leading Epoxy Flooring Supplier. We are a leader in commercial flooring supply and residential flooring supply and are available in New York and surrounding areas. Our trademark is known for high performance and aesthetics. We will bring any floor back to life; regardless of the age, we will make it look new. If you want your floors to stand out, choose from a variety of PRECISE Flake flooring solutions. They are built to last and match your facility’s unique needs. Other Epoxy coating products include PRECISE Chroma, Quartz, and Radiance.
FAQ About PRECISE Flake Epoxy Flooring
Our epoxy flake coatings can last up to 30 years with proper care and maintenance in residential spaces. However, for commercial and industrial floors that receive heavy vehicular and foot traffic, this duration reduces depending on use.
PRECISE™ Flakes are specially formulated paint aggregates that are made of resin materials, organic minerals, pigments, additives, and fillers.
This will depend on how much of the floor you want to cover in flakes. A full 100% broadcast floor means you want the flakes to cover 100% of the floor. If you want to DIY your epoxy flake floor, for a 100% broadcast epoxy flake floor, you need PRECISE™ Flakes amounting to your square footage divided by 5. For a 1000 square feet floor area, you need 200 pounds of PRECISE™ Flakes. However, for an experienced professional, this amount should be square footage divided by 6.